arugula, mushroom, shallot & parmesan puff pastry tarts
So many books, so little time. A few of the food-related books we’re itching to read.
Shop One Pan, Two Plates.
I probably have the best idea I have ever had. I don’t want to tell anyone because I don’t want to jinx it (or have anyone steal it) and I can’t loose steam because I know I can do it. It’s just the biggest thing I’ve ever thought to do. It’s so crazy it just might work!
Candied Bacon - Gourmet: February 2007
I’m a kitchen ninja, yo!
Yes, this is a real thing. Find gems like this and more on my Pinterest!
I’ve been using Pinterest a lot more lately because I get annoyed with Tumblr. It’s brought my two loves together: Food and Vintage. I have a couple really fun boards on there, if you care to follow.
I started my academic classes. It will be 4 months of Oenology & Viniculture, Restaurant Management, Beverage Service & Mixology, Restaurant Marketing…oh yeah, and College Writing. Loving it so far but really missing kitchen time. I need to keep practicing my knife skills so I can still brunoise like a boss!
Thanks for following!
Korean Candied Lotus Roots (연근정과, yeongeun-jeonggwa), pierced with a bamboo skewer, look like a confection straight from the pages of Dr. Seuss. I love their subtle flavor and multiple layers of texture (crisp outside, soft inside). This elegant addition to your dessert repertoire is also…
6 Fruits You Should Try
- Dragon FruitThis fruit is an excellent supplement for the liver as well as contains vital minerals that assist in weight-loss and balancing body weight without compromising health. For people suffering from diabetes, a dry or fresh dragon fruit guarantees blood glucose control.
- Star FruitThis fruit is an excellent source of ascorbic acid, which is important to the fitness of your body, as it assists in maintaining bones, teeth, mucus membranes, skin and improves the immune system. It also contains beta-carotene, which can be converted into vitamin A in your body for good vision and appetite.
- KiwanoThis fruit is very rich in vitamin c and fibre. These help the red bloods cells, skin, muscles, nerves and heart. Vitamin E works in the body by helping to neutralize the damage from free radicals which can cause cancer and cardiovascular disease.
- MangosteenThis fruit has a very high concentration of xanthones that is one of the most powerful anti-oxidents in the world. The fruit also boosts the body’s immune systems and helps increase energy levels.
- Sugar Apple
This fruit helps regulate the menstrual cycle, and contains a large amount of rosemary oil which can help fight off depression. This fruit also contains cineole which aids the body’s nervous system, helps in blood circulation, and improves concentration. This fruit as well aids in reducing the severity of asthma.
- Goji BerryGoji berries are called the world’s most nutritional powerful anti-aging food. Goji berries are the highest rated antioxidant and have more vitamin C than oranges, more beta-carotene than carrots, more protein than whole wheat and more iron than steak.
Just some of mother nature’s gifts to keep your body healthy!
Crepe with blueberry/blackberry sauce, creme chantilly and a strawberry.
Grilled salmon with steamed brown rice, asparagus, pickled shallot, julienned parsnip, hollandaise and capers.
Mint chocolate mousse in a dark chocolate cup and marionberry sauce.